Zhambyl region is a region with rich mineral resources and unique historical heritage!
The main branches of the economy:
- Unique phosphate rock base - 72% of Kazakhstan’s balance reserves
- The largest deposits of quartzite in the republic
- Significant reserves of fluorspar, gold, gas
- Deposits: non-ferrous metals, uranium, barite, coal, facing, ornamental and technical stones, building materials, mineral salts and groundwater
- Mining, gas, chemical, oil refining, food, metallurgy, building materials industry, electric power industry are developed
- 2nd place in Kazakhstan for the production of sugar beet, safflower and melons;
- 3rd place - vegetable crops and maize;
- 6th place - meat
- Kumis horse breeding is developing - workshops for the production of koumiss (Kazakh national drink) are being created
- Akyrtas complex, which is included in the UNESCO World Heritage List, is located on the territory of the region.
- Major historical monuments: Babadzha Khatun mausoleum, Karakhan mausoleum, Tekturmas complex (X-XIV centuries)
- Conditions for organizing cycling, hang-gliding, trekking and other types of extreme rest.