- North Zone Consumption: 67.9 billion kWh Production: 82.7 billion kWh
- South Zone Consumption: 21.9 billion kWh Production: 10.8 billion kWh
- Western zone Consumption: 13.4 billion kWh Production: 13.3 billion kWh
Electricity production in Kazakhstan is carried out by 138 power plants of various ownership forms.
As of January 1, 2019, the total capacity of power plants in the Republic of Kazakhstan is:
- Installed capacity of stations - 21,901.9 MW,
- The available capacity of the stations is 18,894.9 MW.
The total electricity production in 2018 will be about 106.8 billion kWh, 1.3% of which are RES. Electricity consumption is 103.2 billion kWh
Total electricity production exceeds consumption, but Kazakhstan’s energy system is characterized by uneven distribution of facilities