Zhambyl region is a region with rich mineral resources and unique historical heritage!
The main branches of the economy:
- Unique phosphate rock base - 72% of Kazakhstan’s balance reserves
- The largest deposits of quartzite in the republic
- Significant reserves of fluorspar, gold, gas
- Deposits: non-ferrous metals, uranium, barite, coal, facing, ornamental and technical stones, building materials, mineral salts and groundwater
Mining, gas, chemical, oil refining, food, metallurgy, building materials industry, electric power industry are developed
- 2nd place in Kazakhstan for the production of sugar beet, safflower and melons;
- 3rd place - vegetable crops and maize;
- 6th place - meat
Kumis horse breeding is developing - workshops for the production of koumiss (Kazakh national drink) are being created
- Akyrtas complex, which is included in the UNESCO World Heritage List, is located on the territory of the region.
- Major historical monuments: Babadzha Khatun mausoleum, Karakhan mausoleum, Tekturmas complex (X-XIV centuries)
Conditions for organizing cycling, hang-gliding, trekking and other types of extreme rest.
Large transit prospects due to the international railway project “TRACECA” (25 railway connections with 50 flights connecting with all regions of Kazakhstan, Russia, China, Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan) and the construction of the motor transport corridor “Western Europe - Western China”.